Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Burr

So much has happened.

The few bits and facts I know about Bithlo are nagging at me, like a burr under a horse's saddle. I, of course, am not a horse. Nor do I actually understand what a burr is, to be honest. (Other than Aaron Burr. I know who he is.) In any case, I would suppose it to be rather uncomfortable. Such is my plight with this town.

The truth is, Bithlo isn't even a town. It has been unincorporated since 1982 due to economic issues. It has a population of less than 9,000, and only takes up 11 square miles. There are two sides to Bithlo - I've heard that the only distinguishing factor between them is that one side has glass in the windows of their trailer homes, while the others don't.

There is so much to know, so much to experience, so much to give. I don't know what the future holds. God holds it in his hands, though. I have faith in his plan. By his grace, I will surrender to it.

If you have been praying for Bithlo, or for our mission team, please continue to do so. Our deadline is approaching rapidly, and we remain drastically short of our financial goal. Prayer.

I hope to update again soon, with a considerably more cheerful post! Thank you for reading, nevertheless.
Karissa

P.S. I looked up what a burr is. According to Wikipedia, there is a plant native to the Americas and East Asia, called the Cocklebur. The spiny thingies from the plant get stuck under saddles, causing discomfort to the poor four-legged troopers. Who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment