Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bithlo: In Pieces

Where do I even begin...? 

Well friends, we're back from Bithlo. Obviously. Confession time: I've been back for a month, actually. I know, I am ashamed. Feel free to leave all the much-deserved hate mail in the comments below. An experience like this is not the easiest thing to sum  up in a blog post, so procrastination has been doing its thing, with great success.

However. This is me, overcoming!

As I mentioned, a single blog post would be far too lengthy to keep the average internet surfer's attention. Though I believe some of you are genuinely interested, and willing to take time to read a post of that volume, I want to make this enjoyable. 

My scheme: To post a series of smaller, more manageable chunks of blog. They will each cover a different aspect of our journey to Bithlo. Such as the travel, the people of Bithlo, the city itself, the organization we worked with, the people we worked with, the things God did, the things that tried to undermine what God was doing, the things God is still doing, the future, and whatever else I can possibly rememner. 

This is as much for my sake as yours. I hope to encourage you with the work God is doing in Bithlo and this testimony to His faithfulness, but alas, I am human. I know there is so much I've already forgotten; I want to remember. I want to be able to look back, and myself be encouraged as I remember how BIG my God is. The things He's done in the past, the way He works through our failures and weakness, the love He has for the broken... I need to be reminded of these things.

Joshua 4:1-9. This is my memorial.

More to come.

Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment